Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pretty miserable

Morning (All Day) Sickness is rough. It hit me hard this weekend, and continues in full force. I am not sure how I am going to make it 6+ more weeks. Yikes!

I haven't found anything that makes me feel better yet. I tried sea bands, but they haven't helped. I went to Whole Foods to purchase some ginger candies. I am not a huge fan of ginger, but I do think the candies helped some. The problem is that the thought of eating the candies is less than appetizing, so I am struggling with keeping them in my mouth.

Food that I was craving, like fruit, now makes me sick to think about. I don't want anything to drink except water, but it has to be ice cold. Carbs, unfortunately, seem to be the only thing that I can stand eating.

Rick has been wonderful. He has been so sweet and helpful. I don't know what I would do without him.

On Sunday night, we went to dinner with Rick's parents for Rick’s birthday. They met us at our house, so we showed Pat the new paint. She made a comment about the yellow "office" being the perfect color for a nursery. Oops! I responded quickly that all the other rooms in our house are green and blue, so we wanted to try something different. I am not sure if she bought it.

It turned out to be quite the disaster because it started snowing like a blizzard. We slowly (and I mean very slowly) made it across the mountain to Harrisonburg. We ate at Texas Roadhouse, which is one of Rick's favorites. When we left the restaurant, it was still snowing. We drove a ways to the base of the mountain. We saw blue lights up ahead. As we approached, we realized they had closed the mountain because of the snow. We turned around and headed back towards Harrisonburg, across to Waynesboro, over Afton Mountain, then all the way through Charlottesville and Ruckersville to get home. It was a LONG trip.

What made the trip almost unbearable for me was the smells. Rick brought left over ribs in the car and I thought I might not make it. I kept throwing up in my mouth, despite rolling down the window every once in a while to get some fresh air. I finally had to ask them to put the ribs in the trunk, and tried to just play it off that I hate pork and can’t stand the smell.

Pat quickly said "Skye, are you sure you aren't going to need that yellow room sooner than you think?" I am pretty sure my mother in law knows something is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment