Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, August 11, 2011

29 weeks

My growing belly... and the valances in the nursery. The nursery is almost done and we absolutely love it so far!





How big is baby?: The size of a squash (but it looks like a pumpkin, as my friend Delaney pointed out :) )

Maternity clothes?: yes!

Sleep?: not so great, but I am hanging in there

Best moment this week?: I had my regular OB appointment today and got to check on Baby D, which always makes me happy. Baby D is measuring right on track. Her heart beat was around the high 140s, which he said was perfect. My blood pressure is still low (117/64). Everything is going great!

Also, our Disney Vacation packages have arrived- our luggage tags, Magical Express (transportation to/from airport) passes, and all the information about our resort and dining plan! Our trip will be here before we know it!

Food cravings: nothing really, although I could always enjoy a bowl of ice cream (but that isn't really anything new)

Food aversions?: dinner in general, but especially meat.

Gender?: Sweet little girl!

Movement?: lots of moving around and pushing against my belly. I don't feel quite as many distinct kicks or punches as I used to. It feels more like she is stretching out and just pushing against me.

Belly button?: Still hasn't popped yet.

Symptoms?: Pelvic pain, and lots of it. Physical Therapy hasn't helped... yet, but I have only been 3 times. I am really hoping it gets better.

What do I miss?: not having pelvic pain

What I'm looking forward to this week?: Hopefully getting some relief from the pelvic pain and spending some time relaxing this weekend.

Milestones?: Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

1 comment: