Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, August 18, 2011

30 Weeks




How big is baby?: the size of a squash

Maternity clothes?: yes!

Sleep?: not so great lately

Best moment this week?: Our anniversary today! Rick got me a Kindle. I don't know how to use it yet, but I am very excited for it. He is such an amazing husband!

Food cravings: nothing really this week... I just eat what I can, when I can.

Food aversions?: Still have a hard time with dinner

Gender?: Sweet little girl!

Movement?: I LOVE when Rick has his hand on my belly and feels her move... his face lights up and it is just an amazing moment.

Labor Signs?: This is a new one, since we are getting closer to Baby D becoming an outside baby. Luckily, no labor signs yet. I haven't even had Braxton Hicks contractions, that I know.

Belly button?: Still hasn't popped yet.

Symptoms?: swollen feet and ankles, unfortunately. I am still having pelvic pain but I think it might be getting a little better (or maybe that is just wishful thinking?)

What do I miss?: my ankles :-/

What I'm looking forward to this week?: hopefully spending some time in the pool this weekend.

Milestones?: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're 30 weeks already! yay!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow 30 weeks feels like yesterday you posted you BFP! You look amazing!! Cant wait to see you sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete