Today has been a pretty emotional day for me. This morning we decided to move Libby Anne to her room to sleep at night instead of in her co-sleeper next to my side of the bed. I knew this day would come, but I am definitely not ready for it.
I know that it is probably time to move her to her room and I know it is probably better for Libby Anne at this point... but I am struggling with the move myself. I know it is selfish, but I want to be near her. I feel like I NEED to be near her.
It's no secret. Being a working mom is not something I want to be nor something that I am particularly adjusting to very well. I hate every second of it because work takes me away from Libby Anne. Because of this, I find myself craving Libby Anne; I want to spend every possible second with her.
When she is next to me in our room, I feel close to her. I can peek over and see her precious little face. I can smell her sweet little body. I can touch her soft little hands. I can rub her fuzzy little head.
Now that she is in her own room, I can't do any of that.
I haven't even gone to bed yet and I already miss her.
She has been sleeping soundly for about an hour now, so I have a feeling that this is MUCH harder for me than it is for her. Hopefully I will be able to make it through tonight and Libby Anne will sleep well on her own.
No comments:
Post a Comment