Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dear Emily Claire,

My precious Little Bit. I can't believe you are 10 weeks old and this is the first letter I have written to you. I am so sorry. We have been so busy and time is just flying by.

Throughout my pregnancy with you, I repeatedly said that I hoped that you would decide to come during a weekday while I was at work. That way I would be right across the street from the hospital and Libby Anne could go to Ms. Crystal's and be well taken care of. (I may have even been caught saying that that was least you could do for me after making me so sick for 30 weeks.) You listened, and you did just that. I started having some contractions at 11:15am on a Tuesday while I was at work and you arrived at 6:15pm.

Sometimes I wonder if that was just the start of you showing me your little personality. Now that your colic is started to get better, I feel like we are getting to know you more and more each day. You are pretty laid back and like to observe eveyrthing around you. Whether it is your sister laughing (or crying), Jacks barking, or us all going on adventures, you seem very content. You love to cuddle, and I love to cuddle with you. There are times when you are somewhat demanding, but I like to blame that on the colic. I look forward to watching you grow and develop into a little person but please don't grow too quickly.

Your smile, oh your smile. I just love it so much. And when you throw in a little giggle, I just melt.

Sometimes I like to just hold you tight and smell your sweet little head. I take a minute to soak you in, and for that minute nothing else matters and the world stops. Holding you close, with my heart exploding with love, is such an amazing feeling.

Before you arrived, I was somewhat scared and worried. My life was so full of love with your Daddy and Libby Anne that I wondered if I could love you as much as I should or if you would fit into our little family. I clearly had nothing to worry about. The moment you arrived, my heart grew. In that very moment, I realized that you were meant to be my little girl and I was meant to be your Mommy. Life was never going to be the same... and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you for being my Little Bit.

I will spend the rest of my life trying to be the best Mommy I can be. I love you more than you will ever know!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment