The other night, Daddy was reading your bedtime story to you. You were sitting in my lap and Daddy was kneeling down next to us. You were looking up at him with your big brown eyes and long eye lashes, so excited to hear him read to you. Every once in a while you would glance down at the book, but you kept looking right back up at him. Then you would give him big smiles and little giggles as he read.
The way you were looking at him brought me to tears. It is very clear that you adore your Daddy. I am pretty sure that if you look at your Daddy the way you did that night, you will melt his heart (and mine) every time.
I have been having so much fun with you lately. You are starting to develop a little personality and you are so happy all the time. Yesterday morning at breakfast, you were laughing and squealing the entire time! (That is your new trick- you squeal when you are happy) I started thinking about when we would go to breakfast before you born, and how much better life is with you than without you. I feel like I always have a smile on my face when I am with you.
This morning you woke up a little earlier than normal... and I came into work a little later than normal because I took Jacks to Puppy Daycare. Usually my work mornings are so rushed (and very early), but today we had about an hour of time together - sitting in your room, talking, singing, playing. You were full of smiles, as usual. I kept giving you big hugs and kisses, telling you how much I love you and how much I was going to miss you today when I had to be at work. That time was so special to me. I really like our family fun days with Daddy, but I also really like when we have some alone time too- just me and you.
I treasure every second I can have with you, my sweet little girl.
I will spend the rest of my life trying to be the best Mommy I can be. I love you more than you will ever know!
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment