Our Family

Our Family

Monday, April 25, 2011

Baby Tarheel... or Baby Wahoo?!?

I am sad to say, but I feel like I am losing this battle.

As most of yall know, Rick is a huge UNC Tarheel fan... and I am a UVA fan. I feel like everyone is determined to make this baby a little Tarheel. I refuse to allow this to happen without a fight! If I am carrying this little thing for nine months, I feel I should definitely have more of say so in what kind of fan this little one will be... RIGHT? :)

Apparently not everyone agrees with me.

My sister Teal gave us our first gift for the little one. My niece Reagan was so very excited to give the present to Rick to open.

Needless to say, Rick was very excited.

We met Rick's parents on Sunday afternoon for Easter. They surprised us with a little Easter bag for Baby D with lots of fun things. Thankfully, there was some UVA stuff included!

There were Tarheel pacifiers, but a UVA pacifier holder, a really cute UVA hooded towel, a UNC bib, and a UNC onesie.


This is going to be one spoiled baby! We are so thankful for the gifts and, more importantly, the love that surrounds this baby already!

4 comments:

  1. What's the family breakdown? This is very important stuff! You, Brook and her girls are all UVA. RIck and Teal and Reagan are UNC. I'm not sure where Alli stands, but Jacks is obviously UVA because he is one smart pup! Plus Aunt Delaney and Damon and Mason are all UVA... Sammy is was a bit of a Tigers fan, but I think he'll come around by football season.

    Other important factors:
    UVA baseball is currently #1
    You do live in Cville (or close enough)
    October in Hooville is the best place on Earth
    I was an October baby and I"m a Hoo. I'm pretty sure that's connected somehow
    Bodos is for Wahoos
    and Virginia is for Lovers!

    One thing we can all agree on, at least it won't be a Hokie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The official score is:
    Rick (UNC)
    Alli (UNC)
    Ben (UNC)
    Teal (UNC)
    Reagan (UNC)
    Little Sumter (UNC)
    Grandma Lewis (UNC)
    Numerous Lewis Aunts & Cousins (UNC)
    Jacks (UVA when Mom's around & UNC with Me)
    Grandpa Lewis (UVA)
    Neal (UVA)
    Brook (UVA)
    Anne Charlotte (UVA)
    Sarah Beth (UVA)
    Lila Kate (UVA)
    Poppa Tommy (UVA)
    Grandma Patty (UVA)
    So as of right now...UNC has it by about 3 Folks!! Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm gonna come paint a big V-Sabre on Skye's tummy!

    ReplyDelete