Our Family
Friday, September 9, 2011
33 weeks (and 1 day)
How big is baby?: the size of a honeydew melon
Maternity clothes?: definitely
Sleep?: I have had a couple really bad nights, but I am hanging in there
Best moment this week?: I really enjoy our little story time most nights. Rick picks out a story and reads to Baby D (and me). It is super sweet and I love it.
Food cravings: nothing is sticking out this week
Food aversions?: meat, especially at dinner. Even the smell of it makes me feel sick sometimes
Gender?: Sweet little girl!
Movement?: Lots of it! According to the doctor, her head is way down in my pelvis (which isn't helping my pelvic pain). I feel her little hiney sticking out a lot above my belly button. The past few days I have noticed that she seems even higher than usual, encroaching on my lungs and ribs.
Labor Signs?: thankfully, no labor signs yet.
Belly button?: Still an innie
Symptoms?: pelvic pain, swollen feet/ankles, difficulty breathing sometimes and some indigestion
What do I miss?: feeling organized and prepared
What I'm looking forward to this week?: Walt Disney World!
Milestones?: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood
Labels:
weekly check in
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment