Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 9, 2011

First Official Mother's Day

This year is my first official Mother's Day. Even though I have been a stepmom (I prefer "bonus mom") to Alli for almost 4 years, most people don't think that really counts. I disagree, but that discussion can be saved for another day. :)

We all woke up and got ready for church. Rick and Alli already cleaned the entire house for me earlier this week, so I wasn't expecting anything from him or Alli.

I was surprised with a really sweet card from Alli that she made herself.


Rick also gave me a very thoughtful and sweet Mother's Day Card as well as a Prenatal Listener!

I tried to find the heart beat, but instead I just heard lots of other noises. Hopefully with a little more practice I will be able to find it!

Alli's birthday is also May 8. We celebrated with some shopping, opening of presents, and a fun dinner with Rick's parents.

Rick's parents also surprised me with a very nice card and a couple maternity shirts!

I feel so special and blessed. It was a great first Mother's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Happy First Mother's Day...Bonus Mom and Fur-babies count in my book also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with K8. Bonus Moms and Moms to fur babies definitely count!!

    ReplyDelete