Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend recap

We had a very busy, but great Memorial Day Weekend.

First of all, I want to recognize all the soldiers and military families. Let's not forget the reason we take pause on Memorial Day - to honor and remember those who served and those who still serve our country well... and especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to keep us and our loved ones safe. We have an amazing country we call home, and so many heroes who give their all to keep us safe and free. I am so thankful.

Saturday, Alli and I went to see Anne Charlotte and Sarah Beth dance in their annual recital. They each did a great job and were so precious. Each of their dances happened to be to different Disney songs. How adorable! Rick unfortunately was not able to make it because he had to work, but I recorded it for him to watch when he got home. Alli really enjoyed the performance and told me that if we have a little girl, she needs to do dance and have recitals like AC and SB.

After the performance, we stopped by Rick's work for Alli to look at the fancy cars they had for the special car sale. Then we headed to the pool!

Let me just say, it has been a long couple years since we bought our house that I have had to do without a pool over the summer. The pool has always been my little piece of heaven. There is nothing I enjoy more than to lay out all day, basking in the sun, and dipping in the pool to cool off every once in a while. When I sat down on Saturday afternoon in one of the pool chairs, I was overcome by happiness. I know, it sounds silly, but seriously, it was pure bliss for me. I am REALLY excited about having a pool to use this summer!

The highlight of my weekend was probably on Saturday afternoon at the pool when Alli... wait for it... LEARNED TO DIVE!!! She has always been quite fearful of diving and never really wanted to try to learn. But with a little help from her swim team coach and a lot of courage, she did it! I was so proud!

Sunday after church, Alli and I headed back to the pool for a few hours. And Monday morning, we went back again. Are you sensing a theme here? :)
Rick stayed at home (he isn't a fan of the pool... or the heat) and worked on cleaning out the unfinished closet in the basement so we can start cleaning out the closet in the nursery.

Monday afternoon we made a last minute decision to head down to Lynchburg to see my mom and my brother Canton, who was in town for a few days. We went to our favorite restaurant Osakas for dinner! Yummm

The weekend went by way too quickly, but it was very enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment